Training / events calendar
Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Primary Care Training hub are pleased to offer primary care health care professionals, access to free Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) workshops. These workshops are being led by the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) CVD Prevention and Management team as part of the Impulse-CVD, with support from the CVD Clinical Network, The British Heart Foundation, Public Health England and Industry partners. Please see the attached PDF for more information on the Impulse CVD offer.
There will be sessions on both Atrial Fibrillation and Lipid Management & Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH), with all sessions aiming to improve outcome for people with CVD in the West Midlands. Please find below learning objectives for each of the sessions.
Lipid Management & FH Learning Objectives:
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the priorities outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan with regards to the identification of people who may at risk of a cardiovascular event because of their lipid profile
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different risk stratification tools/resources that can be used to identify people who are risk of a cardiovascular event and in whom lipid lowering therapy should be initiated (e.g. QRISK2/3, JBS-3, NHS Health Checks).
- State the relative benefits of different lifestyle modifications to reduce cardiovascular disease burden
- Understand how to undertake searches to identify people with possible familial hypercholesterolaemia and how they should be managed.
- Analyse clinical and patient information for people with hypercholesterolaemia and understand how to apply this to their management (pharmacological and non-pharmacological)
NB- A certificate of attendance will be awarded following the sessions.